Saturday, September 13, 2008

Who needs Titles anyway?

UPDATED Sept 13 11:15am see below

Firstly, Paige is/was in 'occipital posterior position' as of Thursday. My contractions, that yes are braxton hicks for the most part, have been waking me up at night and the reason is that Paige's back is resting on my vena cava and through the thin walls of her tiny home, makes my eyeballs pop out and my heart pump in my throat...but then I wake up and they go away.

This morning I folded all the laundry while I chatted on the phone with Denise and said ow a couple of times. She keeps trying to tell me to not be in labour...read on...after I put away some of the laundry, I worked on phase two of pink sorting and labled and put away all of the rest of the clothes that Paige ALREADY has!!! I have 2 bins called 'Weebeth' for the record.

Then is was up to the school for 130:

Sam started Kindergarten this week and Tuesday was his first full day. Okay full half day. I love our school. They brought in a dance teacher who taught each class in the school a hip hop routine and they performed it this afternoon (looking at the clock I suppose it was yesterday but I can't sleep for reasons you can read below) All three of my 'big kids' were in the performance but the bonus was seeing all the kids that we've hung out with over the years perform too including Allura, our neighbour and Graeme and Bella who Samuel has been friends with for a long time. So cool and warming!

I left the big big kids home and took the 3 younger ones to get Daddy, we got Samuel's beaver hat at scout house and then went to the big new Canadian Tire on Cambie. I stayed in the van with the twins sorta monitoring more not contractions. Then we went to Costco and Denise called me again telling me not to have a baby, ha ha ha I said, I want her to come at the most inconvienent of times...she called me a brat!  As if!

I took a bath when we got home and then clicked the TV for a bit, these "not contractions" are getting serious at this point, but not regular. Apparently occipital posterior positioning makes labour long because she's face up and has a more difficult time making it down the canal.

Okay so here's the point...there have been a few times that I have said, oh yeah now I remember...like the overwhelming urge to pee because her head is rocking over my bladder...the pain that sorta goes down my legs, and then the oh so I REMEMBER THIS feeling of my belly tightening and then the breathing that needs to take place to make it pass....well, I couldn't lie down anymore so I got up and finised the last few things.

My bag is packed, I have a bag packed for Paige, I put the stroller together and the base of the car seat in the van today, I have a few outfits to try on my little doll when she comes out, the camera is waiting to capture her first few moments out of water, and I am letting Kevin sleep as long as I can...my contractions for the record are between 5 and 10 minutes apart and are varying in intensity, but I am guessing that as soon as I go lie down they will (ow) start going quickly...let's see how right I am...oh! Didn't I want to have a baby this weekend?

Love you all, you will either see a whiny post from me later or get a phone call from me, Kev or someone to let you know what's happening :)

UPDATE:
I am still at home. Seems for now that the contractions have tappered off but I am still quite crampy and making the most of it. I am so thankful that I have a go go go attitude, I have done 3 loads of laundry, had a nap and now I am making pasta sauce to stock into my freezer. Pray that this just gets going and stays going...I am getting tired... hugs...

2 comments:

  1. Jen, aka PPF!
    I'm praying for you!! May God bless you, whether in labor now or later, and may He guide the delivery and the doctors who attend you. May He give you strength and guard you, Paige, and Kevin.

    Many hugs and prayers,
    Dena (Rhea)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if that's the case we're praying for good news soon. God bless

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name if you comment so I know who to say hi to next time :)