Monday, September 8, 2008

Brilliance, Excellence and Timing...

McDonalds is smart but Jilian is brilliant. Today for the 5th time since I heard what Jill does for kitchen cloths, I took freshly bleached and washed cloths out of the dryer, folded them neatly, put them into the closet and set the bag back into the pantry awaiting a new batch of soiled cloths. Here's what she does and now I do... I use a cloth. If it gets too dirty (stinky is waaay beyond dirty so it's not that bad) I rince it out, wring it out and place it into a reuseable shopping bag...you know, the ones that cost 99 cents. Then I walk over to the linen closet and take a fresh cloth. This works for the kitchen towels too, but they just get used for 2 days and then tossed into the bag. Once I get down to 2 or 3 cloths, I take the whole lot down to the laundry room, wash and dry them and start the process all over again. This ends the whole, "WHAT is that smell, ewwwww, it's a cloth in the sink."

Today was excellent for a few reasons. Sam started Kindergarten. Have I mentioned how HAPPY I am for me, I mean him ;) Tonight Kevin and I put into the freezer 3 shepherds pies bring our total of those up to 4. I think I am going to try my hand at freezing Tourtiere, but I am unsure about the crust... we'll see...Denise makes AMAZING chichen pie and the crust is JUST fine so I think I will just go ahead and do the Tourtiere. Gosh I am happy about that. I cleaned up my kitchen after our cooking project only to make a clean spot so, in all my pickyness and armed with a new pack of Kirkland wipes, I wiped down the cupboards the front of the oven and the front of the dishwasher. I told Kevin that some women feel good about themselves when the get a haircut, or pedicure or new clothes. Don't get me wrong, I feel GREAT when theose things are a reality for me, but honestly I feel good about my WHOLE self when I have clean cupboard doors. I really which that the timing for having Paige will include that this burst of energy will include GIVING BIRTH, because I have SO SO SO SO MUCH of it, but my poor legs are puffed up and swollen and cannot handle it with the weight of her on them.

I want my body back. This may sound shallow and I think most of the time that we hear it, it sorta is. I said it a LOT after having Austin, Sam and then The Twins. I don't mean the look of my body this time AT ALL. I just want to scrub my floor on my hands and knees, get into all the nooks and cranies with a small brush, vacuum the stairs without thinking I might hurt myself and well, gosh, I would LOVE to get to vacuuming the living room...I want the pain to come now. I am so ready for it and so so so just wanting to not only do the stuff I want to (but also need to do) I want to nurse and cuddle and show off my very best asked for gift...my little princess....THANK YOU GOD.

2 comments:

  1. Your "post a comment" link is missing.
    Freezing crust works just fine. I have frozen so many pies. Grandma Lang told me when I cook them to crank the heat in the oven for the first like 15 minutes to deforst the dough and then turn the temperature back down. 15 minutes may be too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the cleaning. Sunday afternoon I started cleaning the kitchen and Bill offered to help and I said "no thank you - I just need to clean" and that also included wiping down cupboard doors.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name if you comment so I know who to say hi to next time :)