Thursday, September 18, 2008

Playroom DONE!

April was a great month for us as a family. We moved into this amazing house and began to make it home. The first room on my list to be set up (besides the bedrooms) was the playroom.

The playroom is a room that needs to accomodate 8 people. The reasons vary from day to day but basically it was my vision to create an environment that ANYONE could relax or play in and clean up and RESET.

On Denise's first visit over, we did our best to convert the room from the dumping ground it had become, to a safe environment for the 3 little boys to spend time in without the fear of getting hurt. To Kevin's utter dismay, many boxes were shifted and many more things were added to the basement which is just beyond the playroom. A huge thanks went out to Denise for lighting a fire under my arse and helping my vision be rethought.

A couple of things went a tad arrey; we needed a gate to keep them from coming upstairs OR going outside (naked I might add), a way to keep them out of the extrememly dangerous for 3 and 5 year olds basement, locks on cupboards and furniture arranged in a nice way.

To make this blog short the point is that FINALLY it's done! All the toys are sorted into labled bins and either locked in cupboards or placed on the shelf which is the last step in making the room a nice and neat place to KEEP nice and neat. This will also facsilitate teaching the kids how to play with the one toy and then put it away.

I am going to be putting some pictures on the walls as soon as we find some frames in the basement and honestly I am so happy that it's finally done! Now, tomorrow, I will be able to take lappy downstairs and hang out on it without feeling like I am abandoning the little ones and well, my post...heehee post, like I can post a blog while I am at my post...

3 comments:

  1. That sounds great, girl. Congratulations. And WAY TO GO, DEnise!! She's such a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your playroom is a great room! I am sure Brayden would like to come and see it soon...and of course I always put fire under butts...like um, Hopes room? Shaun will help!ANYTIME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay ... so now I need pictures of this safe haven! Thx for visiting btw!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name if you comment so I know who to say hi to next time :)