Wednesday, August 6, 2008

31 Weeks

Last time I was pregnant, at 30 weeks we were in the hospital trying to stop labour from progressing. Jackson was pretty determined to come out at that time, but thanks to the prayer of all those around (including a few nurses) and the drugs, IV and medical bedrest care that I recieved, he had to wait to come out. I remember that for weeks before and the weeks leading up to their delivery I was not being able to breathe well with two of them pushing on my diaphragm. That caused me to be EXHAUSTED just from the sheer lack of oxygen. I even blogged about it in my very first blog ever

I hate complaining, hearing complaints, whining and hearing whiners but I feel that this is a good way for me to remind myself why indeed I do NOT want to do this again! Number one: 6 kids is quite enough (even though 7 rhymes with Kevin ((NO! DENISE))), two: I love my babies - 6 babies is enough and really the last and most important one for me to realize is that my body can't handle it. It feels odd to say that at 33 but in the grand scheme of things, I suppose this is the reason the Lord had us start early on our family.

 I just hate the uncomfortable part of it being that I don't want people to feel sorry for me, but more that I want to convince myself of WHY I must not push it. We don't want a premature baby, they come with challenges and I don't want to be unavailable for the rest of the kids. I have faith and assurance that everything is fine, but again, it's hard for me to keep it in perspective without jotting this stuff down to remind myself. My blog is my free councelling and I like the way that it works much better than having to write it by hand.

I just finish folding and put away 3 loads of laundry, it was all the twins clothes. I really enjoy folding lately, I know that's a shocker, but it feels so good to not only see all the put away laundry in the closet or drawer, but it feels so nice to just go in the bins and get clean outfits out. Usually I would be able to fold the rest of the laundry that is piled up but not today. Today is hot, the air is heavy and there is a child (who is measuring bigger than 31 weeks) pushing on my diaphragm, making it hard for me to get a full breath. 

I am done with my semi whining now. Please don't judge me.

1 comment:

  1. I love having the clothes etc away. In fact, I only wash what I know I can put away that day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name if you comment so I know who to say hi to next time :)