Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Samuel

It's hard for me to word this in any other way than to say that I have another 5 year old. 5 is such a big number for a kid to be. In my heart I say goodbye for sure to my baby Sam, hello to the big kid he is and I will wave to him when I send him to kindergarten as he takes his first steps into his journey of real life. Being the 3rd one that I get to see grow like this, I think I have a better understanding of what it means for him to be the big boy that he is, but also to remind me of how super fast these little people who we've been given charge over grow. What a precious kid he's been to us. His life has made so many things happen for me personally and without him there are people I would not have met, changes I would not have made and the person I am would not be the same. Thank you God for giving us the beautiful kid that Samuel is.

When Sam was born, and he had no name, I insisted that Kevin name him because I didn't want another child to be called baby for 3 days. Kevin very purposefully picked up the bible and started to read from 1 Samuel and when he got to the following verse, tears filled my eyes and I said, that's it, that's his name. "1 Samuel 1:20 So in the course of time Hannah conceived and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, saying, "Because I asked the LORD for him.""

Samuel has blessed us so much with who he is, and while it's hard a lot of the time to remain calm and keep my perspective, I know that he is who he is and that we are doing out best to raise him in the way of the Lord.

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY SAMUEL!

3 comments:

Please leave your name if you comment so I know who to say hi to next time :)