Wednesday, June 4, 2008

To Contiune the Discussing of Singing...

Some of my fondest memories revolve around singing and Tanya and Tara, Tricia who I don't think sees this blog but knows this fact all the same, and of course my high school days in choir and jazz choir have all been etched into my memories as moments of a c t u a l harmony as I find a middle note for a chord and sing it into the presence with others' voices around me, filling my ears and welling emotion into and out of my heart. When Tricia and I sing a capella and in unison, I cannot hear the difference between her voice and mine. When Tara and Tanya and I sing together, our voices mesh like an intricately knitted cloth and the feeling I get from singing in a group just like singing at church or in a large choir always amazes me. I remember thinking, "I wish that I could play the piano, or the violin or get more than one tune plunked out on the guitar." but now I am truly thankful that I take my instrument with me wherever I go.

Denise, I would consider it an honor to sing with you and as my daughter and husband, my sisters and Tricia will tell you, I can hold a note, but good luck getting me to stick to a melody because I just LOVE to harmonize too much. Let's think of some songs to sing together, I am shyish about it the first couple of times, but maybe we can get a well loved VSB music teacher who is on mat leave right now to come over and accompany us on the guitar....I am sure her Warren (by the way Warren really is an amazing kid, thanks for letting me cuddle him and change him for bed) would be happy to hear his momma's guitar too ;)

3 comments:

  1. hey sister some of my most fave music moments are of the three of us....it always seems magical when the three of us sing! lets do it again some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well why dont you sing a tune for us at the shower at Lauras?

    Thers a comment about the 3 of you did before and that would be special for all of us and Warren.

    Mommy and Aunties...think about it?
    love Judy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name if you comment so I know who to say hi to next time :)