Friday, October 10, 2008

Reconnecting

Cathie, thanks for dinner tonight! It was SO wonderful to have you over and we always love it when you come for a visit.

Cathie's visit made me think though....
Whenever I open my laptop, through the wonders of technology, I am automatically connected to my home network.

To put it simply, I wish that I could plug into my church and get new and old relationships reconnected. *sigh*

Sometimes I wonder if being in Burnaby and going to church in Surrey is what we are "supposed" to do but as soon as we walk through the doors, I feel a sence of belonging and when I start to sing and the tears well up, I remember that it's my home.

Pray for us in this area. I want to be able to just plain old connect to my home network and enjoy the company of our friends at church and get to know how they live their lives and raise their kids and walk their walk.

Planning to make it to church on Sunday..............................

3 comments:

  1. It is important enough. The drive is not too much of a deterrent. Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - you need to know that the family of God is huge!!! I want you to be at home whereever you attend. If it is God's plan that you be here at Calvary then it will be. If God's plan is for you to connect somewhere else then that is where you need to be.

    I will pray for direction for you! And revelation from God, direction for your family.

    Who knows - maybe right around the corner is a church that is as much a home for you as this one is? Maybe it is waiting for a family like yours to be involved in the ministry.

    I think what I am saying is, be open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

    My feeling of "home" when Iwalk through the doors is the feeling that I get when I come here and when I go to Cityview, when I got to Delta Church and when I have attended other churches. I believe it is the Spirit of God welcoming me and drawing me into the fellowship of believers in many places. A warmth that makes it possible for me to enter in and worship wherever I am, with the family of God, without feeling insecure. I may not know them personally, but we all worship the same God!

    Ok - enough preaching!!! I am writing this as I listen to Bob and Carol Cave. And Bob was just talking about how the family of God is connected all around the world!

    So If you are here and I am not seeing you - So happy you are here at Calvary! And if you are not - we are praying for you! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Laura pretty much said it (doesn't she always though?). We used to drive from MR to Burnaby to go to church - and we loved the church family there and the worship but we found that the drive got to be too much and it made it hard for us to be involved in our church.

    Ironically, since we moved churches (3 years ago?) we're much less involved in our current church. But we can't put our finger on it. Perhaps we'll a. get more involved or b. find we need to look for another church again? Praying you find the balance that the Lord wants you to find and contentment with that.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name if you comment so I know who to say hi to next time :)